Saturday, November 2, 2013

2/365 "sweet visitors"

Although there are times when I truly believe that I would thrive in the hustle and bustle of the city, I never take country living for granted.  We are frequently visited by turkeys, deer, fox, raccoons, coyotes and multitudes of birds - a photographers paradise. Here are some little friends nibbling on our apple tree. The deer have no fear, and will hang around while we drive up the driveway or empty groceries from the car (they never offer to help tho..lol).   Yup - never take country living for granted...

4 comments:

  1. What a great life! We are suburbanites...no deer for us- but we did have a turkey in our back yard this year. Not sure how that happened...we've lived here for 32 years and it's our first! I see you have a bumper crop of apples- I'm in upstate NY and holy cow...it's been a perfect season for apples! Or holy deer? haha! Looking forward to seeing more country life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! Thanks for your note.. Speaking of turkeys..they are such silly creatures and certainly think they own the road! I should have a bumper sticker that says "I break for turkeys". I live in central MA. We have an abundance of turkeys and even some black bears. and yes! What a great apple season!! Thanks again for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Really cool shot. I would love to live in the country sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!! I look forward to seeing pictures of your world! I am sure it is just as beautiful!

      Delete